At School Wrap we respect the privacy of the children attending and the privacy of their parents and/or carers. The personal information that we collect about you and your child is used only to provide appropriate care for them, maintain our service to you, and communicate with you effectively. Our lawful basis for processing the personal information relating to you and your child is so that we can fulfil our contract with you. Our legal condition for processing any health-related information that you provide about your child is so that we can provide appropriate care for that child.
Any information that you provide is kept secure. Data that is no longer required* is erased after your child has ceased attending School Wrap.
We will use the contact details you give us to contact you via phone, email, social media and post, so that we can send you information about your child, School Wrap and other relevant news, and so that we can communicate with you regarding payment of our fees.
We will only share personal information about you or your child with another organisation if we:
- have a safeguarding concern about your child
- are required to by government bodies or law enforcement agencies
- engage a supplier to process data on our behalf (e.g. to take online bookings, or to issue invoices)
- have obtained your prior permission.
You have the right to ask to see the data that we have about yourself or your child, and to ask for any errors to be corrected. We will respond to all such requests within one month. You can also ask for the data to be deleted, but note that:
- we will not be able to continue to care for your child if we do not have sufficient information about them
- even after your child has left our care, we have a statutory duty to retain some types of data for specific periods of time* so can’t delete everything immediately.
If you have a complaint about how we have kept your information secure, or how we have responded to a request to access, update or erase your data, you can refer us to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).